I welcome the opportunity to work with you!
• Hello ! My name is Kelly Bulinski, and I am a Professional Clinical Counselor licensed by the State of Ohio (# E0800364 SUPV) and maintain an Online Private Practice. I hold a BA in Speech and Hearing Science from The Ohio State University, MSEd. in Clinical Counseling from the University of Dayton and completed a post-graduate Clinical Fellowship with specialized training in the treatment of Eating Disorders. I have developed a specialty in working with those healing from Trauma (PTSD/Complex Trauma/Dissociative Disorders) and thoroughly enjoy my work with my clients.
• I have had experience working with individuals, couples, families and groups in various settings including Community Counseling, Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Private Practice. In the fall of 2023, I made the transition from a traditional in-person office environment to working with individuals remotely.
• Teletherapy provides a convenient means to receive therapy services from the comfort of your home and has come a long way in just the past few years. Technology has enabled therapists to provided effective treatment, including online EMDR, which has been found to be just as effective as in-person sessions for PTSD, anxiety, depression, and many other concerns.
• I am primarily a relational, attachment-based therapist, guided by the understanding of interpersonal neurobiology and am passionate about mental health and wellness. My focus is on supportive psychotherapy, building a strong, genuine, therapeutic relationship with my clients. I strive to provide an opportunity where my clients may explore issues, heal emotional wounds and facilitate change.
• My training allows me to utilize a holistic approach when working with my clients including Somatic Psychotherapy techniques and Mindfulness practices along with use of Internal Family Systems (IFS) . EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), DBR (Beep Brain Reorienting), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills (DBT), and Psychotherapy (talk therapy) are all methodologies I regularly utilize. After working with my clients to identify their goals, a combination of treatment modalities are integrated to meet their unique needs, empowering healing and change in the whole person. (cognitive, emotional, spiritual, physical & relational).
Outside of the office:
I enjoy spending time with my husband and our lovable dachshund. I get out into nature as much as I can to hike, walk, spend time at the lake, take off for the ocean or find a mountain to explore. Yoga and dance are passions of mine and after raising three children, I am now in love with my role as grandma to three amazing little humans.
• Congratulations! on your decision to explore therapy. I believe any step towards healing and personal growth is to be celebrated. Stepping into developing a therapeutic relationship is not just for when life seems overwhelming and unbearable, it can assist you in building awareness, increase your decision making process, clarify your thought process, and increase your coping skills. A decision to begin therapy can also feel like a big step. Please feel free to reach out with questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kelly Bulinski, MSEd LPCC-S
Professional Clinical Counselor/Psychotherapist